¡Tu mensaje de bienvenida, twitter o publicidad aquí!

| Suscríbete vía RSS

Saturday, September 25, 2010

My New Valerie Vargas Tattoo (Soho far, Soho good)

| |

It’s been over fourteen months in the planning but today I had my first sitting with internationally renowned tattoo artist Valerie Vargas.
I have to go back in three weeks to have the colouring done, but I’m so chuffed with it that I just can’t wait till then to show it off.

My New Valerie Vargas Tattoo (Soho far, Soho good)
When Valerie Vargas met Raquel Rouge
I’ve been wanting a tattoo for years but it was something I never really got around to. I had all of the usual dilemmas of what to have, and who to trust to do it, but when I came across Valerie’s work my mind was made up there and then. She has such a fabulous style – an update of traditional tattoo art but with a really classy and feminine edge.
Just have a look at her work. There’s no wonder she’s so in demand.
My New Valerie Vargas Tattoo (Soho far, Soho good)
Just another couple of brilliant pieces of Valerie's amazing art
After first contacting Valerie I had a long twelve month wait for our first meeting – plenty of time to work out what to have done. I knew it had to be pin-uppy and the vintage camera was a given, but I wanted something a bit different from the obvious thrusty hip and legs akimbo calendar girls. It’ll come as no surprise that I’m a fan of the godfather of pin-up art Alberto Vargas and it was one of his more unusual head and shoulder images that ended up forming the basis of the design. I love it for being softer and more demure than sassy, and the addition of roses are just a classic tat thing and one of Valerie’s signature motifs.
My New Valerie Vargas Tattoo (Soho far, Soho good)
The inspiration behind the art
From that first phone call, to my initial consultation, to the session today, Valerie has just been lovely – enthusiastic and an ultimate pro. I’m now dying to get back to Frith Street Studio in Soho and get some of that vibrant colour work to finish off my lady.
And yes, she is going to have red hair.

0 komentar:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Patrocinados


website counter

Popular Posts