¡Tu mensaje de bienvenida, twitter o publicidad aquí!

| Suscríbete vía RSS

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Plans for a New Tattoo

| |

For a while now I’ve been researching what tattoo to get next, and where. I knew I wanted something that symbolises Scotland and had already narrowed my choice down to a thistle. I had also taken some pics of my top torso, where you can see my existing tattoos, so that I could try to figure out where best to place it.
Well, today I’ve finally come up with a result. After playing around with Photoshop, I’ve narrowed my selection down to two thistle tattoos, on my chest. I want it to be quite big and colourful. See the two options on the pics below. I’m also thinking of including a piece of text above it, in Celtic font, saying NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT, which is the motto of the order of the thistle, anad means ‘No one touches me with impunity’, or:
A more colloquial translation into English would be “No one attacks me and gets away with it.” Similarly, in Scots this is usually rendered as “Wha daur meddle wi me? “, which more literally means “Who dares meddle with me?”
I mean, I’m not really the revenge-type, but I think it might look neat written in Celtic font (it doesn’t look that good when you just write text and arch it in Photoshop…). Plus, combined with a big fat thistle tattoo, it symbolises protection. I’d be protected from all evil
Which one is better? I think the big fat green one fits my personality more and also fits in better with my existing tattoos. BTW it’s going to be quite painful, as this area of my body is really quite bony, especially now that I’m quite thin, and you can feel the ribcage right underneath.
Well it can’t hurt as much as the big one on my lower back… and anyway, what doesn’t kill me will only make me stronger
Once I’ve made up my mind, I’m going to take the design to a few tattooist here in Edinburgh. I’ll definitely have it done up here and not anywhere else, e.g. in London, as that would defeat the object. I’m very much looking forward to it. I haven’t had a tattoo done in a while – the last one was about 6 years ago – it’s time for a new one!


Plans for a New Tattoo


Plans for a New Tattoo


Plans for a New Tattoo


Plans for a New Tattoo

0 komentar:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers

Patrocinados


website counter

Popular Posts